Sunday, February 14, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!

 004 007 017 005 (2)

We had fun this past week making Valentine heart crayons  for my daughter’s classmates. It happens to be 8 little girls so making them into a necklace was perfect for them. Glitter, jewels, glue, buttons, hearts….oh the fun of being an artist! I didn’t get a picture of the heart molds, but we melted round ones too. I have a little more time these days being 6 months pregnant and on modified bed rest…..my daughter is loving it! Painting is keeping me sane! Enjoy Valentine’s and I hope you get lots of hugs and kisses today!!!

Here is a link on how to melt the crayons. We baked them at 300 degrees for 7-8 minutes instead of 150 for 15-20. I took them out right when I saw the last one melting so that the colors didn’t get so melted they became brown mush! Let them cool 5 minutes or until a toothpick can stand alone in it to make the holes. Also, if you use a silicone tray make sure it is meant for the oven and not as an ice tray!!!

No comments: