Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ethan’s Elephant as a Giclee Canvas Reproduction

elephant watermarkETSY copy

This 24”x 24”, 1.5” deep gallery wrapped hand-painted canvas hangs above my son’s crib. He has the Eli Elephant Nursery bedding from PBK. I wanted the colors to be a little richer so I added navy and made them flow, not match perfectly. I had in the back of my mind that I wanted to offer this as a giclée canvas print. Pronounced (“zhee-clay”), it is a method of producing high quality reproductions of artwork using special printers. Giclée printing creates the look of hand-painted original artwork on cotton canvas.  It could be reproduced in multiple sizes to accommodate any individuals space.  It will be my goal for 2011 to begin a portfolio for reproduction giclée canvases.

Of course it would NOT have ‘dreaming giggles design.com’  in the middle, that is merely a measure of protection since it is on the web.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THAT? What would you like to see offered?

The cost of an original canvas 24”x 24” would be $400+ verses  the cost of a giclee canvas at $150!

The Be Green Eco-Alphabet Giclée Canvas may be purchased here!

No comments: